Submit A Film
We can’t wait to see your film!
Oregon Youth Sailing Foundation’s
Annual Sailing Film Festival
This is a short film competition split into two age categories; Youth 18 years old and under, Adults over 18. Each category has 1st, 2nd and 3rd place cash winners of $1000, $500 and $250, respectively, plus an overall social media prize of $250.
Films must incorporate the power of wind propulsion in some way, be 3-minutes or less, and be appropriate for all ages. Comedy, drama, action, thrillers, etc. are all accepted.
This year’s theme is Inspire!
Show us what inspired you to sail, or how you can inspire others.
Each film is judged by the Oregon Youth Sailing Foundation Board of Directors based on the following criteria:
- Storyline/Relation to Theme
- Wind Propulsion Content
- Editing Quality
- Social Media Likes (Films are posted on our Instagram @thesailingfilmfestival)
Submission deadline is 11:59PM PST on April 16th, 2023. Winners will be announced virtually on April 23rd.
Stay tuned for details about in-person screening parties and more fun!
Competition and Content Requirements:
- Films must be 3-minutes or less and somehow relate to the power of wind propulsion
- Content must be suitable for all ages (the OYSF Board of Directors has the right to disqualify any video that we feel is inappropriate)Films must be 3-minutes or less and somehow relate to the power of wind propulsion
- Format must be .mp4 or .mov
- Your film must include a title screen and end credits
- After submission, OYSF has the right to use your footage on our website and in other promotions
SEE THE FILMS for inspiration from past years’ winners.
And feel free to CONTACT us with any questions…
a production of