Founded in 2007, Oregon Youth Sailing Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that establishes programs and makes grants for the support of youth dinghy sailing in Oregon. OYSF succeeds by accomplishing its mission to “get more Oregon youth sailing” from all walks of life.
OYSF aims to keep sailing alive and active in Oregon by making it accessible to young people, with a focus on those who otherwise would not have the opportunity to be on the water. The programs we support connect youth to the joy of sailing and the life skills and confidence it helps build.
As of 2021, OYSF has raised over $500,000 and funded boats, sails, facilities, equipment, travel and free community sailing programs at the Columbia Gorge Racing Association, Eugene Yacht Club, Lewis & Clark College, Metropolitan Family Services, Neighborhood House, Oregon Corinthian Sailing Association, Oregon Maritime Museum, Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center/Rosemary Anderson High School, Portland State University, RiversWest Small Craft Center, Sail2Change, Sea Scouts, Self Enhancement, Inc., University of Oregon, Willamette Sailing Club, Wind & Oar Boat School and Yaquina Bay Yacht Club.
OYSF’s Current Major Projects
• Community Sailing Program provides free sail and job training to teens in the PDX area with limited river access
• Sustainable Sailing Campaign for fleet replacement throughout Oregon
• Eugene Yacht Club Youth Sailing Initiative improved the sailing facilities and now focuses on sustaining and growing junior sailing on Fern Ridge Reservoir through supporting coaching and fleet expansion
• Collegiate Sailing Fund sustains college sailing in Oregon by supporting coaching and program costs
• Equipment Fund accepts cash and in-kind donations to provide equipment for youth sailing programs
To see our LATEST NEWS and DONATE visit www.OregonYouthSailing.org